- Cabinmate at camp can be no more than ONE GRADE different.
- If you enter a requested cabinmate at registration, they are placed together in the same huddle.
- The office will contact parents by email if requested cabinmate are not placed together for some reason.
- You will spend most of the day with your huddle group except Majors and Minors.
HUDDLES (Click here for a picture)
- Campers are organized into 28 huddles (14 for girls and 14 for boys).
- Each huddle has a gold section and a purple section that are each made up of approximately 10 to 12 campers.
- A huddle is made up of campers who are no more than one grade different, i.e. 4th, 4th and 5th, or 5th. The only exception is huddles of the youngest campers.
- Usually we try to limit 4 campers (two sets of roommates or individual campers) from the same school or city in each huddle.
DORMS (Click here for pictures of dorms)
- There are only two campers per room, complying with the Dubuque Fire Code.
- No specific dorm or room requests can be made unless there is a specific medical reason for the request. Documentation will be required.
CAMPER REQUESTS **
- Requests for campers to be placed in a huddle or dorm with another camper(s), can be made ONLY if the camper does not have a requested cabinmate they know.
- Huddle Buddy requests for day campers are done at the time of registration on the website.
- Parents are contacted by email regarding all requests. They should contact the office 563-588-7053 to check on a specific request if they have not received an email.
**Often the total number of resident and day campers at a specific grade level prohibits placing campers in the same huddle. For that reason and the fact that we honor roommate requests, huddle & huddle buddy requests are not guaranteed.
We will accommodate the best we can.